jueves, 23 de abril de 2015

World Book and Copyright Day 2015




As the UNESCO – United Nations, Educational, Scientific and Cultural organization – webpage  explains, World Book and Copyright Day is “an opportunity to recognise the power of books to change our lives for the better and to support books and those who produce them”.



I often refer to the close link between films and literature and quite a lot of the posts that I´ve written revolve around this idea. It´s true that I do so because I´m interested in books but the main reason is that many of the films that we watch wouldn´t exist without books as those films are inspired by a written story. Today I don´t wish to write about any of the latest films which are based on books, I suggest that you should watch any film which appeals to you irrespective of its inspiration or source; however, I would recommend marking this day by reading a passage or a few lines from any book which you may like and sharing the content of that book with someone else:  reading for other people or telling the stories that we have read is a different way of reading which can turn into a very rewarding experience.

HAPPY BOOK DAY!!

Would you like to tell us about your plans for today? What´s your favourite way of marking this red-letter day?

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario